Sunday, August 02, 2009

I've been neglectful...


I can not believe it's August, July flew by! But in all honesty, that was in part for my first genuine vacation in over four years.  Don't get me wrong, I've been away, but not truly "away" without planning a major event filled with emails and conference calls interrupting my beach time.

So I packed up my laptop (I had too, the withdrawal would have been major!) and my passport and headed over to Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands just south of Spain.  Staying in an 13th century castle, I was ready to be treated like a princess.

Ironically, the island wasn't mainly Spaniards but a conglomerate of Germans, Austrians, Dutch and British.  A melting pot of amazing European cuisine and hospitality, I was truly in heaven with Mallorca.  The preferred hot spot of the locals was Puerto Portals and each night it was filled with the bustling energy and excitement of the island, surrounded by a breathtaking backdrop of luxurious yachts in the seaport.  Each night we had a different dining experience with entertainment, facilitated by both the venues and the locals!  

I really think smiles and laughter is the true medicine for stress relief, and it did wonders for this event planner. This island will always have a special place in my heart and hope to return again and again. 

Experience the finest on the Island:

Ritzi
www.ritzi-mallorca.com

Tristian Restuarant
www.grupotristan.com

Puro Beach
www.purohotel.com

Nassau Beach Club
www.nassaubeachclub.com

No comments: