Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Runway 2 Runway with The Red Carpet Events


We survived! Can we say pure luxury?
Creating an event on West Hampton Beach's active airport runway was definitely a new experience. One never takes into consideration private jets parking and deplaning at any moment along with Hillary Clinton and five secret service vehicles moving through as your guests enjoying a beautiful summer day in the Hamptons.
Despite the heat and the challenges of setting up staging, draping, a runway and seating in a hanger that we lovingly named "the garage", this event was a true challenge that turned into a success. Besides the fabulous decor, our talent, Matt Dusk performed and although this was my first experience, I became an instant fan(www.mattdusk.com)! I have yet to meet an artist so low key, professional and backs up his own van. Love it!
American Express Departures Magazine was so supportive of our creativity and we were excited to make their ideas come to life. I can't wait to start planning for next year....that is once they can drag me out of the 30 million dollar Bombardier 605 Jet that I now call home!

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Christy, this is a SWEET gig you have here! And from what I can see, it looks great - good job! :)

Talk soon!
Crissy

www.paraviondesign.com